Things you only know if you’re a Beaver Leader.
According to Beaver Leaders from 1st Facebook Scout Group…
- Just how many teeth children lose between the ages of 6-8!
- How easy Beavers can do the floss.
- How much a child can achieve if they get the opportunity and trust to try. And how much noise they can produce.
- How many funny looks you get when you’re standing in a supermarket aisle attempting to count the number of individual items inside a sealed packet.
- Herding cats may well be easier.
- They have telepathically linked bladders….. one needs a wee ….. they all do.
- You are not as grown up as you thought you were.
- Neckers apparently are a tasty snack.
- Any activity that takes 5 mins to complete for me takes 45 mins for a bunch of kids!
- Clapping three times is the magic spell for quiet.
- That at the end of camp there will be one pair of pants and one sock that Mr Nobody owns.
- They breed like gremlins. You turn round there is one turn back and there is 10!!! Take your eyes off of them again and they all disappear!!!
- They can smell fear!!
- You know 80000 different ways to play tag.
- That a beaver colony has its own aroma and unless you miss a few meetings you never notice that aroma.
- How to tie grubby shoelaces backwards without putting your knee on the wet ground.
For more blog posts about being a Scout Leader , I would suggest you read Why I love being a Scout Leader